The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July....In Memorium


So I couldn't help but think about my Dad on the 4th of July, since it's been exactly a year now from when he passed.  

But I'm reminded that our little boy is coming next Thursday, and I couldn't help but feel more than anything today that Dad is helping him prepare for this life, and all the ups and downs that come with it.  


Dad and Mom

I really miss him, but I know that he watches out for us, and keeps us as a family close together. 


Dad and I back in 2006, right before I went to the MTC.

My Dad the baller.

Max loves basketball, and I know as a fact that he didn't get that from Jake or I......I wonder where that comes from?



He was always a cowboy at heart.


Every summer was a fishing trip to Canada.  I think that's about as hardcore he ever got out in the wilderness. 

Dear Dad,

I miss you and love you, but I know your looking out for me and that I'll see you again some day, and that your in a much better world that is pain free and true.

Love,

Rachel



 


No comments:

Post a Comment