The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Father's Day Weekend And a Few Weeks After

Father's Day weekend was a bit hectic.  On Saturday we went to the zoo.  Basically, Max had a melt down, all he wanted to do was sit by the train track and watch the trains go by.  He really got into it with Jake, and then had a melt down as soon as we got on to ride the train.  It was a mess, I had to hold him like a baby and rock him until he calmed down.  That's when we realized that he really needed the stroller and once we put him in it, he was a joy the rest of the trip.  We got to see the polar bears, otters, and all the new animals at the Rocky Shores exhibit.  My Mom paid for our tickets, food, and train ride.  We are greatful for all that she does.  It makes sense though that Max was acting that way.  We went to the dentist the week before and he told me don't be surprised if Max will be having a hard time over the next few months,  his molers are coming in!!!  Blah that's the last thing I want to worry about.  They do free lunch over at Sunnyside Park every day, of course I would love to take Max there but because he's been so crazy lately I can't even get him to sit down and eat, all he wants to do is run around, and the food is only for the kids, not the Mom's who take them there.  So maybe we will try again after the baby is born and during Jake's week off we can all go over.  Anyways, the zoo was fun and after Max got into the stroller he really enjoyed himself.  While we ate lunch he threw rocks over the gate and into the stream that we were sitting next too.  All he wants to do is throw rocks.  Sometimes when the kids are outside playing in the pool I have to stop him before he can get to them cause he wants to throw rocks in.







On Father's Day I was in charge of sharing time.  It went fairly well.  We talked about the Word of Wisdom, and one of my kids kept reminding me that we shouldn't drink and then drive.....I thanked him for the advice.    I made them these cool Father's Day treats to give to their Dad's, I thought Root Beer would be good, as long as the kiddos didn't shake them up.  Jake told me not to get him anything for Father's Day since money is really tight right now.  Instead I decided to make a more DIY gift and made strawberry jam for the first time, and then canned it.  Oh yes I did it, and all by myself.  Barb showed me how to a few years back, but I'm still a little intimidated of the pressure cooker, but strawberry jam is so highly acidic that I only needed to do a water bath for the preservation process.  Jake also got a trip to Pocatello.  We weren't planning on going anywhere this year since gas prices are so ridiculous but we went up and visited Erinn and Patrick.  Max had fun with Mya and they had a good time at the pool.  Unfortunately, whenever we go anywhere his nap and bed time schedule throws him off, so he was really tired the whole trip.......but was having too much fun playing with Mya that he really was okay, even though he's just one of those kids that needs a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Rach! It's been a while since I've read your blog. Love the card you made for your hubby! Very impressed that you made jam too...way to get creative in making thoughtful gifts for you man.
    Max is getting so big! It's exciting that he'll be a big brother soon.
    Hope you're feeling better now that you are experiencing uncomfortable ailments that you have dealt with being prego.

    ReplyDelete