The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis the season..

Christmas is only a few days away. My Grandmothers flight got canceled, twice. I think she was a little nervous to make the drive into Chicago after all the fog, but she's coming tonight. We won't see her until tomorrow cause Max will already by asleep when she arrives. Jason gets here in the next hour. He is excited to see Max and I know the little guy is happy to see his uncle. Jacob and I are having a nice quiet Christmas. But we are excited to get our grades back. Jacob did very well this semester, he even got an A in statistics. Only one more semester and then it's time to run with the big dogs, a University. This holiday break he is applying to a few schools: University of Utah, Utah State, BYU, and Southern Virginia University. I did really well this semester too. I got three A's and one B. The B was in my Hearing Science class. That class definitely kept me humble over the past few months. Audiology is not my area of expertise nor in my interests, but it's a requirement for my major. Next semester I'm taking 15 credits, it should be quite eventful, and I'm getting some 5000 level credits for being a T.A for my finance teacher. It should be interesting, but I'm a little scared to correct people's assignments.

Max finally got over his angry spell he was having, which naturally occurred during finals. It was like nothing made him happy, and he wanted to be held for a few minutes then would cry until I put him down. We thought maybe he was teething, but that wasn't the situation. We noticed he was getting an infection on his private parts and decided to take him to the doctor. As soon as he examined him he knew exactly what the problem was. Since his circumcision last year the skin had been growing back together wrong, and eventually was leading to the infection. I had to leave the room for the procedure, but of course Jake stayed to take care of little Max. now he is doing good, and he's back to his old self. Just in time for the holidays. I'm so excited to spend all of this time with Jacob, and happy that we are able to go out at night during the week, instead of focusing on school.

No comments:

Post a Comment