The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Max's First Birthday






I wish I could have said it was a carefree day, but it was quite the opposite. Max was upset because he was all hopped on sugar that Jake had been sneakily feeding him all morning, and he wouldn't take a nap. So of course he cried during his party and had to take a nap through almost the whole thing. We invited some of his friends, Otto and Alena. They were more excited about his toys than he was. At least someone had a good time. Grandma gave Max a space heater, which we needed since our heat turns off all by itself every now and then. Aunti Juli gave him a cool truck. He loved it. But of course Jake and I got him the best gift. A turtle. We spent weeks preparing for our new turtle. His name is homer and he's still a juvenile, but we are taking good care of him. We hardly ever take him out of his water tank, but I think he enjoys living with us. I ruined the cake because I was making it in a hurry. This was the week before finals so Jake and I were cramming and celebrating at the same time. Grandpa Jim couldn't come to the party because he wasn't feeling well, and Grama and Grampa Brooks sent Max a card with a small present. I was a great day, but I'm sure turning 2 will be more eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment