The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's been a while

I was ambitious enough to create this blog, and now I do believe I should start writing in it once again. I would hope this will update family and friends to certain events that our occurring in our lives than being one of those obnoxious blogs that people write in 4 times a week that no one really cares about. This will allow people to see our pictures and know all the craziness that has been going on.

To start off, Jake and I are both still in school. It's crazy! I never thought it would have taken me this long to get a bachelors degree and I'm already 27. However, I can't feel too bad, I have done some pretty awesome things in the mean time. 3 years to prepare and go on a mission, and then taking an extra abundant amount of classes in one major then deciding it didn't suit me nor my future. I would double major in it to bust my resume, but now having the baby around doing an internship would be much more complicated. I'm in the speech pathology program and the U of U and am minoring in human development and Spanish. I would have graduated this spring of 2010, however as always God had another plan for Jake and I. I found out I was pregnant during finals last year and everything changed. Getting use to the idea came really quick, and although there were some difficulties during my pregnancy, I enjoyed it and look forward to the next one. Everyone always prepares you for pregnancy, but no one can prepare you for the first couple of months you have with your new born child. The newborn stage is not my favorite time of childhood....I enjoy three months+.

Jake has taken the summer off! It has been great! No more school for a couple of months, but come fall it's back to the same old routine. Jake will be done at SLCC this coming spring. He served his 2 years there, typical for an associates and took some extra classes so he wouldn't have to take them at the University. I'm proud of his grades, I've been amazed that he could accomplish that and work 40 hours a week. However, once he starts at the U it will be back to part time, but that's just a minor sacrifice for future blessings. He finally got a substantially higher raise at work. This was nice sense I no longer contribute to our financial well being. Although doing manual labor isn't his favorite, the benefits and hours work well for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment