The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Health Status

2012 has been Max and mines year of poor health.  When the snow finally melted and the weather cleared up max's Eczema went crazy.  It got so bad it looked like he just had a rash everywhere and it took months for it to clear up.  Now he has scars all over his arms the bumps he had.  However, it didn't seem to be clearing up o his butt, but it also didn't seem to be bothering him either.  Then a bump started to grow just below his belly button.  I had finally had enough and took him to Primary Children's Medical Center, where all the best pediatric dermatologists reside.  It took me a month to get an appointment but it was well worth it.  Because Max's eczema had gotten so bad, he had developed a staph infection, and the bump on his belly was a boil.  I didn't even know that people got those anymore.  Anyways she gave him an antibiotic which seemed to be helping his boil, but didn't take care of the rest of the rash, we thought it would clear up with some recommended bleach baths and some topical steroid prescriptions he had been given.  But it didn't.  Things got worse as well.  Max was turning into a little monster.  We were starting to have the summer from hell!  he would cry and wine about everything, he wouldn't eat his food at all anymore and he was trying to push around all the other little kids on the playground, which really isn't like him at all.  So we decided that maybe his staph infection hadn't gone away and that he needed to see a doctor again.  They gave him another prescription and it seems to be all cleared up and Max seems happier too.  I mean he can still be a pain at times, but he's much more pleasant.

For the past month there seems to have been something effecting my health every week.  I had a cold during graduation that was awful, then I fell in the garden.  They say you have poor balance when your pregnant, but I guess the fact that someone decided to dig a hole in the trail next to our garden plot and leave it there unfilled didn't help.  I fell into it, twisted my foot and landed on my side.  We went to OB Emergency at the hospital the next day just to be on the safe side.  Everything was all right but the fall totally messed up my foot.  It's bad enough that I'm carrying all this extra weight and my poor feet have to adjust to that, but it felt like a muscle on top of my foot tore as well, making it extremely difficult to walk anywhere for a few days.  It's been over two weeks and my foot still hurts a bit, but I'm just glad nothing too serious happened from it.

After believing that my pregnancy wasn't going to jump to a high risk one, this weekend it finally happened.  I could feel the symptoms of cholestasis beginning last week, but I kinda just ignored them.  I was diagnosed with it at 28 weeks when I was prego with Max so I thought it probably wasn't going to come if it hadn't already. It just took a bit longer this time.  At exactly 31 weeks the extreme itching, tiredness, inability to sleep, and lack of hunger all began on my birthday.  I didn't even want to go out to celebrate cause I was feeling it, but I was determined to spend some alone time with Jake. But Sunday night was aweful.  I woke up with extreme itching everywhere, including the soles of my feet at 1 30 and didn't sleep the rest of the night.  My doctor was nice enough  to prescribe me some medicine ASAP before my blood work had come back.  THANK GOODNESS for that cause after one day of treatment I feel a little bit better.  A little bit goes along way with this illness.  I mean I'm still itchy but at least last night I was able to sleep only waking up every 3 hours to go to the bathroom and scratch my leg.  I have to start doing my non stress tests next week, which is annoying cause I can't take max with me, but as long as the baby it being monitored I'm content.

No comments:

Post a Comment