The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Graduation and Etc.

Summer has finally begun.  I am officailly graduated, unfortunately the day I was suppose to "walk" I got really sick.  Just when I thought I had escaped any sort of illness this winter I finally got a cold in April. I was too sick to walk and could hardly stop blowing my nose.  Graduation isn't important for everyone, but it was something I had been looking forward to for years.  Now summer is here and I am glad.  I felt like a single mother this semester. And Jake was gone three nights a week with only an hour interval between work and school in the evening.  Max was starting to grow anxious to see jake, he would wake up in the mornings and run into our bedroom to see if Jake was awake, or anytime he got in trouble or sad he reminded me how much he wanted daddy, which didn't always make me feel good.  However, when Jake was around he was constantly acting up a lot.  I think he was trying to get attention from him, even if it was the negative kind.  School has been out for a few weeks and now Max seems fairly content to have Jake around again.  After searching for a new job over the past few months,  he finally had an interview somewhere else, and then has been asked to come in and interview at a few other places.  I guess it always works this way, because then they decided to give him a promotion and a pay raise where he works, the question is will it be enough to tempt him to stay?  Well it was.  A new job anywhere means starting over, convincing them to give time off for when the baby comes and when school starts, and less money.  He also plans on volunteering  at the University hospital for the next few months, we're just waiting to hear back from them to see what works best for Jacob.

The pregnancy has been going well, and I'm still waiting to see if the Colistasis is going to kick in or not.  There's a chance that it's not, but if it does then a scheduled C-Section seems to be the upcoming method of delivery.  Max has been really good and patient with me lately.  He continues to play basketball outside and at the age of 2 has a talent for it.  My mom brought over his own basketball hoop and we raised it as high as it goes, he thinks it's funny but he still gets it in.  He has moved on from his last girl Elleyna to a new one named Joselyn.  He and Elleyna have hit a rough patch and she has become the dominant personality in the relationship so he decided to move on.  Jocelyn is our friends Jake and Breeanna's little girl.  She is 4 months older than Max and about 2 inches taller, but they seem to get along really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment