The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 23, 2011

This was a blog I wrote on Mother's Day but forgot to post....oh well.

My last final was on Tuesday. It was an extremely relaxing week once that was over. I was sad to say good bye to my professor Rosalea. I enjoyed having her and her husband as professors and will miss them. Today is Mother's Day. Sitting in sacrament I was reminded about how excited I was as a missionary on el dia de la madre because we were able to call home. I remember I couldn't get through and was sad the whole night, but I called again the next night and had lots of time to talk to Mom and Dad. Today all the Giometta kids went to sacrament with Mom. It was nice having all of us together.  We took a family picture also(our last one before my Dad died).  Then I went home and fell asleep. My allergies were so bad last night that I couldn't breath through my nose at all. I think I whipped out the nettie pot like 4 times through out the night, but I was so clogged up that hardly anything came out.

Jake took really good care of me for mothers day. He bought me some new tennis shoes, Reebok simply tones. I couldn't believe how much they cost. Yowzers! When I woke up he made me pancakes and cut up strawberries and bananas to top them with! My favorite! Then he catered to me all day. I made dinner though. The idea of doing nothing all day was too boring for me. Last night the Priesthood had a dinner for the ladies of the ward. It was a nice little dinner and Jake even mad his famous sour cream apple pie. Max ran around the gym and tried to escape any chance he could. Max's new thing is trying to ditch us whenever he can so he can do his own thing.

Yesterday was laura's baby shower. She got so many cute little things for baby beauregaurd, or whatever his name will be. I think it's going to be a little girl! It's hard to think that the baby will be here in just a few weeks. Laura and Nathan asked Jake to help them set up the baby crib and drawer set. Jake loves doing that kind of stuff. That's why I think he would have been a great engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment