The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mid October

This weekend was jam packed and went by way too fast.  During the week Max was upset cause he was having some problems.....well some male problems, and so he and I hung out alone on Friday minus Jack.  When he's angry he takes out all his anger on Jack so it was best that he didn't come over.  On Friday we went to Mom's to work out and then came home to finish cleaning before the Gardiners arrived.  It was Erinn's Birthday so they came down to Salt Lake City to do some shopping, hike the Y, and go to the BYU vs. ISU game.  We went to Red Robin on Friday night ( A Brooks' family favorite) and then walked around temple square.  It was nice to stay a little late, or at least after dark.  Saturday morning Erinn and Patrick left early for Provo.  Jake and I just worked on Homework and Max and I spent all morning playing his little alphabet games on the computer and playing outside.  On Saturday night we went to Nate and Cait's house in Lindon.  Originally we had planned to carve pumpkins, but then we decided not too.  Instead we just decorated cookies and ate pizza.  Max fell off a chair and hit his head so hard, I was worrying he was choking on some food.  I think Erinn had a pretty good birthday, I mean her husband took her shopping and that's always a good plus right?  Erinn and I had both picked out the same costumes for Max and Mya, so we thought it would be funny to dress them up and take pictures.

we dressed them in their Halloween costumes.
This was right after Max fell down and smacked his head on the floor.
We decorated cookies at Nate and Cait's house. 
Max and Mya enjoyed a bath together.  They looked so cute. 
Sunday was nice and relaxing.  We went to church.  I really needed it.  I've been having some frustrations lately and sometimes it's nice to go to church and feel a little closer to the savior. In a conversation that I had with my Bishop, he reminded me that sometimes you just need to be patient and let time heal all your wounds.   My Mom showed up during Sunday School and then she stayed with me during Relief Society.  I'm excited for 6 30 to come because then Jake and I can enjoy the pot roast I prepared at 8 30 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment