The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas is over

So Christmas is finally over, and I'm glad. I go back to work on Jan 5th and Jake and I both start school again on the 12th. I'm only taking 12 credits this semester to see if that will lower my stress levels this round. Classes seem to be getting harder the more I'm in school. I look back at my days at BYUI and feel like my classes there were a breeze compared to what I'm up against now. But things are going well for us right now. I won't have classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays, which will give me ample time to do things around the house and study before Jake gets home at night. But I'm still working with my 4th, 5th, and 6th, graders. I would love to say that it is my dream job, but falls quite short from such an aspiration.
During the break we've had lots of time to spend with each other and get some stuff done around the house. Also, I made my first tea ring (a coffee cake like dessert) and it didn't totally suck......gotta keep the Giometta pride alive.
This Christmas we gotta a lot of really cool gifts.....Jake got me a dress and a jewelry box and I got him a nice coat to wear, but not to destroy at work. From the family we got some nice mementos and a wedding album and Jake got a Carhart coat from my brother the plumber.
Other than that we are anticipating our visit with Ben and Jess this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment