The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Honduran Templo!

I was serving my mission in La Ceiba, Honduras when ground was broken for the Tegucigalpa, Honduras temple.  After so much time the temple was finally dedicated today.  This is such a huge blessing for the Honduran members of the church who would have to travel to Guatemala, El Salvador, or even Nicaragua so that they could attend the temple and do everlasting ordinances for themselves and their families. So many people would save their money for years so that they could afford to leave the country and stay near the temple for a few days to a week so that they could serve there.  

Photograph of the Tegucigalpa Honduras Mormon Temple




I'm so excited for "Mis Catrachos"!  It's amazing to me to see the progress that has happened since my departure.  In one branch I was in they met in an apartment building and now they have their own chapel.  I knew a group of boys whom I taught early morning seminary to (ughhhh) who are now serving their missions.  It's so awesome to witness the church growing and to know that the gospel will continue to be taught and testified until the work is done.

Cheque!

No comments:

Post a Comment