The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Settling In

Things have gotten better.  I've learned to become a bit more patient with Max and I'm getting into a routine a little more.  The middle of the week can be a bit rough at times, especially in the evenings and when Jake is only home for an hour and I'm trying to get dinner ready for him before he leaves for class. But life has become fairly predictable.  Dex has this awful habit of only sleeping for like 40 minutes and then wakes up crying.  I'm hoping this phase will end soon,  the baby books say he just needs to cry it out and that I need to respect his need to sleep.  If he were a bit older I probably wouldn't care as much, but he's still just a baby so it's so hard.  On a good note, He's been sleeping through the night for the past week.  if he goes to bed at 8 PM he wakes up at about 4 AM to eat and then sleeps until 8 the following morning, but if he falls asleep late he will sleep until 6 AM and then go back to sleep for a few more hours.

We leave for Oregon this Friday.  It will be nice to have a big change of scenery and to get away for a little bit.  Unfortunately I'm not looking forward to the long drive with two kids in the back.  The trip is going to be really bad getting there, but I hope as soon as we arrive they aren't thrown off of schedule too much so we can enjoy our time there.

On a final note, can I just say how much easier it was to lose weight when I only had Max to care for.  I see why so many women let themselves go the more children they have, cause it's hard to find the time to do it, especially when all you want to do in your free time is take a nap or clean, or on days when Jake is home I just want to spend time with him and not leave to go to the gym.  But I am averaging about 4-5 workouts a week, and we haven't been eating out and I've cut back on sugar a bunch.  But the older I get the harder it is for me to lose weight,  It's times like these that I truly envy the flat skinny girls.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Rachel, give yourself sometime to get feeling like your old self! Dex is still pretty small and your trying to keep Max happy too! I totally understand wanting to spend time with your hubby. There's a season for all things and right now your time is to take care of your little ones and do your best with what comes after that. Sounds like you're doing awesome with making dinner for your hubs.
    You're one great mother and wife - I don't need to know all of the things you don't get around to during the day, but you are worrying about the things that do matter most - YOUR boys! :)
    One day at a time, amiga

    ReplyDelete