The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Month of March (I began writing this weeks ago but never finished it!)

The Pregnancy was going fairly slow and steady up until last week.  I'm almost 21 week probably a few weeks past half of my pregnancy if I'm induced early.  I'm feeling the bloat, the rib pain, and tiredness.  Cleaning the house has become a serious chore for me, and going anywhere with Max and Jake is something I definitely have to prepare myself for now a days.  However, I'm hoping once allergy season is past things will get better.

We celebrated Grandma Boots' 88th birthday a few weeks ago.  The siblings and I decided that this may be the last year where she is cognitively coherent enough to enjoy a birthday so we had a get together with some of her friends.  It was an easy going affair. Jake and I set things up and prepared a room at the church for everyone to meet.  She was very happy and felt very loved.  Sometimes no one is able to see her all week at where she lives, but I think she stays fairly entertained.  Little Jack was the life of the party, laughing at everyone, crawling around, and following Max everywhere.  I'm glad to see that he is growing into a fun little toddler.  Towards the end of the bash grandma decided to stand in the middle of the room and perform some sort of comic routine.  The only funny part was watching her attempt such an action.  She made up all these weird stories that weren't accurate from her youth, and constantly lost her train of thought in mid sentence.  It was odd, but at least she was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment