The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Conference Weekend...Fall 2011

My Nephew chillin in the boppy
It was like a scene from the Birds.

In between sessions we ate frozen pizza.
Max passed out.
I can't believe that October 1st has arrived. I wasn't getting pumped for conference like many of my neighbors but after listening to the first session I realized how much I needed it. I'm always reminded of how I really need to be doing better and certain facts that I just need to remember personally like what Elder Uchtdorf said, my Heavenly Father is watching over me and knows and loves me. I think I find that I'm just like the Nephites......their downfall was that they always just forgot about the Lord and who was in charge of their success which in turn led them to get caught up in their own pride. Now I don't think I will ever fall that hard, but I tend to forget what's truly important sometimes.

Saturday has just been a great day. Laura and I woke up at the crack of dawn and went walking in Liberty Park. It was nice to do something like that without the kids and to take our time, even though Jake had to get ready to go to school. Then I came home and Jake and made pancakes for Max and I. After he left for school we cleaned up the house a bit and then watched conference. Max was very well behaved, considering he probably wanted to go play outside. I know it may sound mundane to some, but it's my life, and I love it. I know there are days when sometimes the routine of being a stay at home Mom can feel uneventful, but to see my little boy grow up and to see him learning is so awesome. Also, to have Jake taking care of me and making me feel beautiful all the time is so important to me as well.

On Saturday night we went over to our friends house to hang out. Chapan and Cami just moved here from Rexburg since he graduated. Max was in love at their house since they had two dogs and a tennis court for him to run on. He was all over the place. Their little niece came over and Max was picking on her the whole time...i.e. pulling her hair, touching her toes, and steeling stuff from her. It's funny. I think Max is going to be a terrible flirt when he's over.

Jake and Max are going to Oregon in 2 weeks. I'm excited and yet sad at the same time. Why am I excited? Sleeping in, organizing my house without someone tugging at my leg for me to pick them up, working out whenever I want, going to a movie by myself.....oh the options are endless. On the other hand I'm sad cause Jake won't be around and my little Max will be gone, but it's only for 5 days, and I know how excited Jake is to take Max to Oregon and I definitely know how excited Barb is to see Max as well. I told my neighbor that my two men were leaving for a few days, and she said "Without you!????" I was like "Uhhhh yeah". And then she said, "I've never been away from kids ever, I would be sad and wouldn't know what to do". I wanted to tell her to get a life, but to each his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment