The Brooks

The Brooks

The Brooks Family Motto

"We got us a family here"

-H.I. McDounough

Blog Archive

Friday, December 26, 2008

We Are LDS

Jacob Henry Brooks and I were married August 12, 2008 in the Bountiful, Utah Temple. Where we were sealed for time and eternity there. We met in the 29th University Singles ward at the University of Utah Institute. At first we were just friends, because we were both dating other people at the time, but it didn't take us long to eventually hook up and two months later, shockingly, we were engaged! We waited until August to get married to give ample time to learn more about eachother, a whole 3 months. Jacob's family is from North Bend, Oregon and he has siblings spread out all over the upper North West of the United States, including Alaska. My family is originally from Rockford, Illinois a huge town about an hour West of Chicago. While I was out of the country for awhile my parents moved to Salt Lake City to start a new and different life. When I returned in December of 2007 I joined them here. Jacob and I have both lived in many other places, together which include: Oregon, Alaska, Salt Lake City, Arizona, Montana, Chicago, Las Vegas and Idaho.
Jacob served his mission in the Salt lake City South Mission and I served in the Honduras, San Pedro Sula mission. As hard as the missions were, they were nothing alike, and sometimes we argue over what method was more correct, but either way we were both serving the lord with good intention. However, I can now interpret all the awful things Jakes spanish co- workers way to him without his understanding, but he probably deserved it at the time.
We are both in school, I go to the University of Utah working on my Undergrad majoring in Speech Language Pathology, and minoring in Human Development. I hope to finish sometime in teh beginning of 2010 and if time permits it continue on with getting my Masters there. Jacob is studying at Salt Lake Community College working on getting all of his Generals done and preparing for a transfer to a University. As of right now we aren't to sure as to where, but Jacob has shown a strong interst in Financial Advising.

No comments:

Post a Comment